Weekday Preschool Director
Job Description for: Weekday Preschool Director
Department: Weekday Preschool
Classification Level: Level 3
Supervisor: Minister to Children
Staff Category: Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
To direct the First Baptist Church Weekday Preschool (FBCWP) ministry in a professional manner to fulfill the Preschool’s mission of providing a safe and loving environment that encourages spiritual, emotional, academic, social and physical growth within a Christ-centered program.This position serves under the leadership of the Minister to Children and is responsible for all aspects of the program including the administration of the Church’s policies and procedures. Qualifications include actively involved in a Christian Church, an accredited Bachelor’s degree(a Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or similar field preferred), experience in preschool teaching(minimum of three years preferred), management/supervisory experience preferred.
Core Responsibilities / Tasks
- Direct the daily operations of the Weekday Preschool as a ministry, adhering to all the policies of the Church
- Strengthen the ministry partnership of FBCWP and the Church through clear communication and the pursuit of a shared ministry purpose.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and provide staff development; maintain personnel files (background checks, training, evaluations of staff and program, etc.)on all FBCWP staff; recruit and hire/terminate staff with ratification of the Minister to Children and Weekday Ministries Committee
- Develop long-range plans; prepare an annual budget for consideration by the Weekday Ministries Committee and Church Finance Committee
- Provide guidance to teachers for all communications with parents
- Lead teachers in the selection of curriculum and the development/implementation of lesson plans
- Manage financial resources according to the guidelines of the Church; provide the Weekday Ministries Committee with reports at least quarterly
- Process student enrollment applications; maintain personal information files on each child including medical and personal information; maintain attendance records
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with the students and their families
- Assure each student’s development through both general and private meetings with parents
All employees are expected to embrace and exemplify the core values of First Baptist Church Statesboro; to fulfill core job tasks and functions with excellence; to cultivate a sense of teamwork and camaraderie among the staff and church body; and to grow personally, professionally and spiritually.