Job Description Maintenance Staff
Classification Level: Level 4
Supervisor: Facilities Supervisor
Staff Category: Staff
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To support the Church’s mission and vision by performing general maintenance for all church buildings, grounds, equipment, vehicles, and the supporting systems. Primary work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, and occasional evenings and weekends.
- A mindset to support the beliefs and practices of the Church
- A high school diploma or GED with a basic working knowledge of facilities maintenance including safety and security protocols
- Possess a valid motor vehicle license with a clear record
- Perform assigned tasks with some degree of initiative, and attention to details
- Possess the ability to do strenuous physical work, lift 50 pounds, and scale ladders
Core Responsibilities / Tasks
- General building maintenance
- Maintenance of all lighting fixtures, bulbs, and blasts
- Basic plumbing repairs on bathroom fixtures and water fountains
- Routine maintenance on HVAC systems, service filters and belts as scheduled
- Monitor and service fire-safety devices
- Simple carpentry and touch-up painting, pressure washing/cleaning
- Operate commercial floor cleaning/waxing machine, service vacuum cleaners
- Maintain vehicle service schedules, fuel vehicles as needed
All employees are expected to embrace and exemplify the core values of First Baptist Church Statesboro; to fulfill core job tasks and functions with excellence; to cultivate a sense of teamwork and camaraderie among the staff and church body; and to grow personally, professionally, and spiritually.
To apply, fill out the online application or upload your resume below.